This page covers the following topics

UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa

The UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa is a type of visa that allows a person to join their adult dependent relative who is living in the UK. This visa category is designed for individuals who require long-term care and support from a close relative in the UK due to age, illness, or disability. The visa enables them to reside in the UK with their family member who will be their primary caregiver.

Eligibility criteria

What are the eligibility criteria of a UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa?

  • The applicant must be 18 years or older
  • They must be a parent, grandparent, brother, sister, son, or daughter of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK
  • The applicant must demonstrate that they require long-term care to perform everyday tasks due to illness, disability, or age
  • They must prove that adequate care is not available or affordable in their home country.
  • The UK-based sponsor (relative residing in the UK) must be able to provide financial support and accommodation for the applicant without recourse to public funds for at least 5 years

Application process

What is the validity of the UK Marriage Visitor Visa?
The UK Marriage Visitor Visa is typically granted for a period of up to 6 months. During this time, you are expected to complete your marriage or civil partnership ceremony.

Eligibility criteria

What is the application process for a UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa?

  • The visa application is made online
  • Supporting documents, such as medical reports, financial evidence, and proof of relationship, must be submitted along with the visa application
  • Pay the application fees and Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)

Fees to apply for a UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa

What are the fees to apply for a UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa?

  • £3,250 to apply from outside the UK (entry clearance stage)
  • £1,048 to apply from inside the UK (extension/FLR stage)
  • Plus, an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) of £624 for each year that is granted to your visa
  • You have to pay this Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) at each stage of your visa application

Need further guidance?.

Talk to our UK Visa Expert to get accurate advice and assistance for your UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application.