This page covers the following topics
If you are engaged to a British citizen or someone with an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) status, and you plan to marry him/her in the UK, then you are required to apply for a UK Fiancé Visa. An application for a UK Fiancé Visa must be made from outside the UK. This Visa is valid for 6 months.
What are the requirements
- Your partner is a British citizen or holds an ILR status
- You and your partner, both, are over the age of 18 years
- You both met in person and have mutually decided to get married
- Your relationship is genuine and subsisting
- Both intend to marry within 6 months, post-arrival in the UK
- Any previous relationship/marriage has ended permanently
You are required to demonstrate that you can support yourself without relying on public funds once you arrive in the UK. You and your partner must have a combined income of minimum £18,600 a year. You can include –
- Cash savings above £16,000
- Income from pensions, property rentals, dividends, etc.
English language requirement:
You will have to prove English language proficiency. To do so, you can submit an academic qualification degree OR take an English language test and submit the passing certificate.
What are the documents required for a UK Fiancé Visa?
- Valid current passport
- Your partner’s details who is living in the UK
- Copies of the photo page and any visa or entry stamps in your previous passports
- Details of any previous immigration applications you have made
- Evidence of meeting the financial requirement
- Evidence of meeting the English language requirement
- Details of any criminal convictions
- Evidence that your relationship is genuine and subsisting
- TB test results (if required)
Fees to apply
What are the fees to apply for a UK Fiance Visa?
As of May 2023, the following are the fees to apply for a UK Fiance Visa:
- £1,538, if the application is being made from outside the UK (entry clearance stage)