This page covers the following topics
What is Spouse Visa UK?
Uk Spouse Visa or UK Marriage Visa permits married partners of UK citizens to come to the UK since they are married to someone settled in the UK, meaning they are habitually resident in the UK and have no immigration limits on how long they may remain. Non-UK residents who are engaged, married to, or have a planned civil partner who is above 18 and reside in the UK are eligible for a UK Spouse Visa. As a couple, it’s logical that you might want to reside in the same nation as your partner. But a lot of factors hinder, like your workplace or your nationality.
You can apply for a spouse visa both from abroad and from within the United Kingdom.If you are already in the UK on a fiance visa, work visa, or a student visa that has been valid for more than six months, you may be entitled to change to a spouse visa.
About Spouse Visa UK
The UK Spouse Visa, which is commonly known as a UK Marriage Visa, actually allows non UK citizens to join their partner living in the UK. In this case your spouse or partner should be either a British national or settled person and you meet other eligibility requirements for this visa
Who Can Apply For UK Spouse Visa?
The following are the basic requirements to apply for Spouse Visa UK:
- You must be 18 years old.
- Married or either in civil partnership which is legally recognised under UK law.
- You must be married to or in a relationship with any British citizen or settled person.
- If you are living together or in a serious relationship as a couple for at least 2 years and can evidence the same.
- If you are either engaged and want to be married in UK, you will be granted ‘Fiance Visa UK’ and evidence that you plan to be married within a span of 6 months of entering the UK.
Basic Requirements For A “UK Spouse Visa”?
Remember that before submitting your complete application for “Spouse Visa UK”, you need to:
- have carefully documented the application to apply for “Spouse Visa UK”.
- Confident to Pass the visa ‘Genuine Relationship requirement’
- Qualify for the minimum “income threshold” requirement for the UK Spouse visa.
- Pass “English language” qualification.
- Hold proof of accommodation in UK for you and “your partner” and for any other dependents
- Complete your biometrics .
- You have a TB test result to prove that you are not suffering from Tuberculosis (TB), if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
If you are unable to meet the requirement due to coronavirus (COVID-19), you might still be able to eligible to apply – speak to our UK visa experts to know how.
How Can You Renew And Extend UK Partner Visa?
You get the opportunity to renew and further extend your UK Spouse Visa for next 2 years & 6 months (which is approx 30 months).When you have lived “5 years” in the UK, you can then apply for the settled status. Need more details about Spouse visa uk or Partner visa renewal? Connect our expert lawyers today.
How Much Time It Take To Get UK Fiancé, Partner Or Spouse Visa?
The UK Spouse visa application process normally takes 10 – 12 weeks to obtain a decision. Although the UK partner Visa processing time totally depends on the completed documents provided by you.Contact Us For Expert Advice on UK Spouse Visa, UK Fiance Visa, British Spouse Visa, Same Sex Partner Visa UK, Civil Partner Visa UK, Unmarried Partner Visa Consultants
UK Spouse Visa “Financial Requirements”
The UK citizen or ILR holder in the serious relationship is also known as the “Visa Sponsor” and he/she is needed to match the following qualification criteria.
You will need to state that you & your fiancée or partner meets the basic financial requirements and own sufficient finances to support yourselves.
To get a spouse visa UK you need a minimum gross annual income of £18,600, if you have no children.
What Documents Do You Need For A UK Spouse Visa?
Before you apply for a UK spouse visa arrange all required documents and get a fast application process which will ultimately help you to prevent delays.
Below are the required set of documents that you have to arrange before you apply for UK Partner Visa:
- Original marriage certificate.
- Certain documents to prove that you live with your partner together for a minimum of 2 years.
- Passport live in the UK
- Certificate for English language requirement
- Accommodation Proof In UK
- Proof that your relationship is true and legal
- Proof that you qualify for the “earning income threshold” and the basic financial requirement as per rules.
- Any Proof to be engaged to a UK based citizen.
**Note that all the required documents need to be in english language and to be translated by a professional english translator.
UK Spouse Visa Fees And Costs
The current fees for a UK spouse visa is £1,523 for the applications submitted from outside the UK, but If you are planning to submit your UK Spouse Visa application from within the UK then the application cost is reduced to £1,033. The charges will increase if you apply with dependents and can increase for each subsequent dependents.You are allowed to apply for Uk marriage visa from inside the UK if you do not enter the country as a UK visitor, or have been allotted any leave to stay in the UK for more than 6 months. You are not allowed to apply for the fiance visa application from inside the UK.
Please note that there are additional visa application costs that you need to consider when you send your UK Spouse visa application.
Mentioned below are the extra visa application costs:
- Cost for qualified english translation services for your submitted documents which are not in English or Welsh Qualified and approved English test which is a mandatory requirement for all the applicants.
- Extra application fees for the Home Office’s “Priority & Premium Service” if you want to get a quick reply from the “UKVI” within five working days
- Immigration health surcharge – this is required if you are applying for a visa or immigration application for more than 6 months in cases where you are applying outside the UK and for any length of time, if you’re applying from within the UK.
Documentation Requirement For UK Spouse Visa
When you apply for your “UK Spouse Visa application”, you will have to submit proof of local accommodation that meets the minimum UK living standards.
- Your UK based partner, who nominates as your sponsor, will have to prove that he/she can provide the adequate accommodation in the UK for themselves, for the applicant and any other dependents who are intended to live in the UK after visa approval.
- As proof of local accommodation, the Home Office can ask you to provide the following requirements:
- A complete description of the local property where you plan to stay with your spouse and the dependents.
- A documented proof that there is enough space in the property to accommodate your spouse and the dependents.
- Assurance that you can easily afford to pay for your spouse accommodation