This page covers the following topics

Welcome to Our UK Sponsor Licence Guide

If you’re looking to navigate the complexities of UK immigration to sponsor international talent, you’ve come to the right place.

Our comprehensive guide on obtaining a UK Sponsor Licence is tailored to assist businesses and educational institutions in the UK with all the necessary information to become an approved sponsor.

Whether your aim is to enhance your workforce with skilled professionals from abroad or to open your doors to international students, securing a UK Sponsor Licence is your gateway to achieving these goals.

Why Apply for a UK Sponsor Licence?

In the competitive global market, securing a UK Sponsor Licence is key to unlocking a vast pool of international talent, enabling your business to fill critical skills shortages and remain at the forefront of innovation.

For educational institutions, it means attracting a diverse range of international students, significantly enriching your academic environment and cultural diversity.

Our Commitment to Guiding You Through the UK Sponsor Licence Process

We recognize the challenges involved in applying for a UK Sponsor Licence.

Our site is meticulously crafted to guide you through each stage of the application process, ensuring your organization complies with the UK Home Office’s requirements.

From understanding the eligibility criteria to maintaining your licence and fulfilling your sponsorship duties, our expert advice is designed to make your application process as straightforward and successful as possible.

Inside Our UK Sponsor Licence Section

Inside Our UK Sponsor Licence Section

Detailed information on who can apply, including specific organizational requirements and how to meet them.

Applying for a UK Sponsor Licence

A step-by-step guide on preparing and submitting your application, complete with details on necessary documents, fees, and expected processing times.

Duties and Compliance as a UK Sponsor

Essential advice on your responsibilities, including how to adhere to Home Office regulations, report changes, and manage your licence effectively.

Benefits of Holding a UK Sponsor Licence

Explore how becoming an approved sponsor can transform your organization by providing access to the global talent pool and enhancing your institution’s diversity.

By focusing on UK Sponsor Licence procedures and requirements, we aim to equip you with all the tools you need for a successful application. Begin your journey towards global talent acquisition today and discover the benefits of being an approved sponsor in the UK.

Documents required

What are the documents required for a Sponsor Licence application?

Details of common paperwork needed for a Sponsor Licence application are provided below:

  • A lease or leasing agreement for office space may be submitted. This document should bear the signatures of all parties (if applicable)
  • Bank records for the company, possibly for three months. As an alternative, you can present a letter from a UK bank outlining its interactions with you, including the details of their nature and length
  • Certificate for VAT from HMRC
  • PAYE from HMRC. Both the PAYE Reference Number and the Accounts Office Reference Number must be on the paper. This ought to be accessible by logging into the HMRC account for your company
  • The most recent audited annual accounts
  • Certificate of employers liability insurance (coverage of at least £5 million)
  • The most recent acknowledgement of a CT620 Company Tax Return, or alternatively, the CT600 tax return that has been completed and the CT603 notification

From the list of papers in the online Sponsor Licence form, you must provide a minimum of four. In rare circumstances, it can be possible to present substitute documents.

Fees for a Sponsor Licence application

Type of licence Fee for small or charitable sponsors Fee for medium or large sponsors
Worker £536 £1,476
Temporary Worker £536 £536
Worker and Temporary Worker £536 £1,476
Add a Worker licence to an existing Temporary Worker licence No fee £940
Add a Worker licence to an existing Temporary Worker licence No fee No fee

Determine – small or charitable sponsor

How to determine whether you are a small or charitable sponsor?

If at least two of the following apply, you are typically a small sponsor:

  • Your annual revenue is £10.2 million or less
  • The value of your total assets is £5.1 million or less
  • You employ 50 people or less

A charitable sponsor is someone who is:

  • Registered as a charity in England or Wales
  • Registered as a charity in Scotland
  • Registered as a charity in Northern Ireland; if not, you must submit proof of your charitable status for tax reasons FROM HMRC
  • An ecclesiastical corporation created for charitable reasons
  • An excluded charity
  • An exempt charity

Time frame – decision on your Sponsor Licence application

  • The majority of applications are processed in under 8 weeks
  • To receive a judgement in less than 10 working days, you could be able to pay an additional £500
  • Every working day, only a few applications can use this service
  • First-come, first-serve scheduling determines which requests receive quicker decisions

Why Choose Us?

Expert Guidance:
Our team of immigration consultants brings extensive experience and a track record of success in sponsor licence management.

Custom Solutions:
We offer personalized service plans designed to meet the unique needs of your organization.

OISC Accredited:
Trust in our certified expertise to navigate the UK immigration system confidently.

Get Started Today

Elevate your organisation’s potential by partnering with Conroy Baker Ltd for your UK sponsor licence needs.

Contact us to learn how our expert services can simplify your sponsorship process.

Need further guidance?.

Talk to our UK Visa Expert to get accurate advice and assistance for your sponsor licence application.